Arisaig sea kayak centre terms and conditions
Arisaig sea kayak centre is a trading name of Arisaig Adventure ltd.*
Company number 09891564
Booking a trip
To book a trip you are required to make a non-refundable deposit payment. This can be made through the following methods: By credit or debit card, Visa or Mastercard. By Bank transfer, details available on request.
Booking a trip is a sign of acceptance of a contract between yourself and Arisaig Adventure ltd. This contract is subject to the following conditions:
Full/half day trips: A trip can be booked with a 50% deposit of the full trip fee. The balance is payable 14 days prior to the trip.
Multi day trips: A trip can be booked with a 25% deposit. The balance is payable 6 weeks (42 days) before the start of the trip.
Day/half day trips – the minimum rate for a half day or day trip is the equivalent of 2 trip places. We can run these trips for one person, the rate will be the equivalent of two trip places.
Multi day trips – these require a minimum of 2 participants to run. If this number is not reached within 4 weeks of the start date of the trip then the trip will be cancelled and a full refund or alternate date will be offered.
Trip cancellation or changes by us
Day/half day trips:
Trips are very rarely cancelled as Arisaig offers lots of options when it comes to kayaking. However, occasionally it may be necessary to cancel a trip due to dangerous or unsuitable conditions. Arisaig adventure ltd. will notify the customer as soon as is practical – sometimes this may mean no prior warning can be given and the trip may be cancelled on the day of the trip; we retain the right to cancel a trip at any time for safety reasons. A full refund or booking on another available date will be offered. All decisions will be made with safety as the number one priority and explained in full to the customer.
Multi day trips:
Multi day trips require a minimum of 2 participants to run. If this number is not reached within 4 weeks of the start date of the trip then the trip will be cancelled and a full refund or alternate date will be offered.
If we have to make significant changes to any trip we will inform you as soon as is reasonably possible. These may include a significant change of location, changing to a lower standard of accommodation or changes to start and finish times of a trip. In such circumstances we will offer you the chance to cancel and will refund any payments you have made. In very rare circumstances we may cancel a multi-day trip due to unforeseeable events or circumstances beyond the reasonable control of Arisaig adventure ltd. or its staff. In such circumstances any payments you have made will be refunded.
Arisaig Adventure ltd. will only ever refund payments made towards the trip fee. Any payments made by yourself to third parties in relation to the trip, for example travel or equipment purchases, will not be refunded. We recommend taking out personal travel insurance to cover these costs.
Trip cancellation or changes by you
Full/half day trips:
If cancelled within 14 full days of the start of the trip then you will be charged the full trip fee. If cancelled more than 14 full days from the start of the trip then you will be charged the deposit amount.
If you request any changes to the date or time of the trip within 14 full days of the start of the trip then Arisaig adventure ltd. may charge the full trip fee. Any changes to the date or time of a trip are subject to availability and will be offered at the discretion of Arisaig adventure ltd.
Multi day trips:
If cancelled within 28 full days of the start date of the trip then the full trip fee will be charged. If cancelled more than 28 days from the start of your trip then 25% of the trip fee will be charged.
We recommend you take out insurance to cover against personal accident and liability. We also recommend taking out insurance to cover against cancellation and loss or damage to personal belongings. We can’t be held responsible for loss or damage to personal belongings whilst on one of our trips. Details of an Insurance policy can be provided on request.
Arisaig Adventure ltd. holds public liability insurance, details of which can be provided upon request.
On all trips under 18’s must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian.
Booking a trip is a sign of acceptance of the hazards involved in engaging in adventure activities and travel. It is your responsibility to ensure that your level of fitness and experience are suitable for your chosen trip. Arisaig adventure ltd. will endeavour to keep you informed of the requirements of the trip, if at any stage you feel that you do not have enough information on which to assess your suitability for the trip then it is your responsibility to request further information. Any itineraires or destinations offered are indicative only and will be offered as subject to the sea conditions and judgement of the guide. It is the objective of Arisaig adventure ltd. to deliver an enjoyable trip, we can not be held responsible for any loss of enjoyment due to changes in the itinerary, or adverse conditions.
Arisaig Sea Kayak Centre will provide all specialist kayaking equipment. It is regularly checked and maintained. A kit list will be given to all participants prior to the trip, it’s important that you bring everything on this list as it directly relates to your enjoyment of the trip.
Medical conditions and dietary requirements
It is your responsibility to disclose any medical conditions that may affect the safety or enjoyment of yourself or any other trip member. It is also your responsibility to disclose any dietary requirements.
Cancellation due to improper conduct
We reserve the right to cancel your trip should we feel your actions are compromising the safety or enjoyment of other trip members. We also reserve the right to cancel your trip should an undisclosed medical condition compromise your safety or that of other trip members. In these circumstances the trip fee will not be refunded.
If you are unhappy about any aspect of your experience with Arisaig adventure ltd. then let us know as soon as possible and we will act to rectify the situation. We are a small company and as such take customer satisfaction very seriously.
If you want to make a formal complaint then this will be accepted in writing (email acceptable) no later than 14 days from the date of your trip. If a complaint is received later than this then we can’t guarantee a satisfactory settlement will be achieved.
Arisaig Adventure ltd. 28/01/2017
*Arisaig Adventure ltd. registered office address
The Annexe Gable House, 40 High Street, Rickmansworth, England, WD3 1ER
Please read this policy carefully, and any other documents referred to in this policy, to understand how we collect, use and store your personal information.
We always strive to provide a transparent and honest approach regarding how and when we may collect and use your personal data. The overview below summarises the different reasons why we do this. We may not use your personal information for all of these purposes – it will depend on the nature of our relationship with you, and how you interact with our projects, websites, and fundraising activities.
What we collect:
– Contact information including name and email address
– Demographic information such as postcode and age
What we do with the information we gather:
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, for the following reasons:
– To improve and deliver our products and services
– To manage and communicate with our customers (this includes sending you updates about our trips)
– Internal record keeping on trips
– Staff administration (we process the personal information of our employees for recruitment, staff administration, remuneration, pensions, and performance management purposes.)
Do we process ‘sensitive’ personal information?
Under data protection law, certain categories of personal information are recognised as sensitive, including health information, race, religious beliefs, and political opinions (‘sensitive personal data’). We would only collect sensitive personal data if there is a clear reason for doing so. We currently collect medical information for trips where we need this information to ensure that we provide appropriate facilities, ascertain your ability to participate, and help you get the best out of your experience with us.
Your credit or debit card information
If you use your credit or debit card to pay for a trip, we pass your card details securely to our payment-processing partner as part of the payment process. We do this in accordance with the Payment Card Industry Security Standard and don’t store the details on our website or databases.
Where does the information come from?
The vast majority of personal data we hold is given to us directly by our customers in the course of them interacting with our services and website.
Arisaig adventure ltd. needs a lawful basis to collect and use your personal data. The law allows for six legitimate ways to process people’s personal data. Only three of these are relevant for the types of purposes listed above.
• Information is processed on the basis of a person’s consent
• Information is processed on the basis of a contractual relationship
• Information is processed on the basis of the “legitimate Interests” of Arisaig adventure ltd.
In extreme situations, we may share your personal details with the emergency services if our employees believe it is in your ‘vital interests’ to do so. For example, this would apply when someone experiences a medical emergency on a trip. We may also share your personal information where we are compelled by law to do so.
Arisaig adventure ltd. will ask for your consent to add you to our mailing list to send you updates on Arisaig adventure ltd.
If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may unsubscribe at any time by writing to or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. Contractual Relationship
The only contractual relationships we have at Arisaig adventure ltd. is with our staff. You will need to consider the terms and conditions of your individual contracts in regards to data collection and sharing.
3. Legitimate Interest
The law allows personal data to be legally collected and used if it is necessary for a legitimate business interest of the organisation – as long as its use is fair and balanced and does not unduly impact the rights of the individual concerned.
There are times when it is just not practical to ask a person for consent. In many situations, the best approach for Arisaig adventure ltd. is to process personal data because of our legitimate interests, rather than consent.
Legitimate interests for Arisaig adventure ltd. include:
a. Governance Purposes
– Carrying out our trips
– Compliance of law enforcement agencies
– Internal and external audit for financial or regulatory compliance purposes
– Statutory reporting
b. Administration Purposes
– Responding to any solicited enquiry
– Delivery of requested information
– Thank you communications and receipts
– Administration of existing financial transactions
– Maintaining “Do not contact lists” (suppression lists)
c. Publicity and Income Generation
– Conventional direct marketing and other forms of marketing, publicity or advertisement.
– Analysis, targeting, and segmentation to develop corporate strategy and improve communication efficiency
– Processing for research purposes (including marketing research)
d. Operational Purposes
– Employee monitoring for recruitment, safety, performance management or workforce planning purposes
– Provision and administration of staff benefits such as pensions
– Physical security, IT and network security
– Maintenance of suppression files
– Processing for historical, scientific or statistical purposes
e. Financial Control Purposes
– Processing of financial transactions and maintaining financial controls
– Prevention of fraud, misuse of services, or money laundering
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
We keep identifiable personal data on our records indefinitely for internal record keeping and for the establishment and defence of legal claims.
Arisaig adventure ltd. will not exchange or sell your personal information to another organisation for their own marketing purposes. However, there are legitimate situations where we may have to share your personal information with other organisations. An example could be where we are using an external service provided via a mailing services provider. In these situations, the relationship between Arisaig adventure ltd. and the third party data processor will be governed by a contract and strict security requirements will be in place to protect your personal information.
Data Protection Rights
Where Arisaig adventure ltd. is using your personal information on the basis of your consent, you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time. You also have the right to ask Arisaig adventure ltd. to stop using your personal information for direct marketing purposes. Simply contact us at email@example.com and we will amend your contact preferences.
– Right to be Informed – You have the right to be told how your personal information will be used. This policy document used on our communications are intended to be a clear and transparent description of how your data may be used.
– Right of Access – You can write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org asking what information we hold on you and to request a copy of that information. From 25th May 2018 Arisaig adventure ltd. will have 30 days to comply once we are satisfied you have rights to see the requested records and we have successfully confirmed your identity.
– Right of Erasure – From May 2018, you have the right to be forgotten (i.e. to have your personally identifiable data deleted).
– Right of Rectification – If you believe our records are inaccurate you have the right to ask for those records concerning you to be updated.
– Right to Restrict Processing – In certain situations you have the right to ask for processing of your personal data to be restricted because there is some disagreement about its accuracy or legitimate usage.
– Right to Data Portability – Where we are processing your personal data under your consent the law allows you to request data portability from one service provider to another. This right is largely seen as a way for people to transfer their personal data from one service provider to a competitor.
– Right to Object – You have an absolute right to stop the processing of your personal data for direct marketing purposes
– Right to object to automated decisions – In a situation where a data controller is using your personal data in a computerised model or algorithm to make decisions “that have a legal effect on you”, you have the right to object. This right is more applicable to mortgage or finance situations. Arisaig adventure ltd. does not undertake complex computerised decision making that produce legal effects.
Notice of Change
We may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective 25.05.2018.
To make a complaint about how your data is being used, please approach us directly, by contacting email@example.com
You also have the right to contact the Information Commissioners Office (ICO) if you have any concerns about Data Protection using their help line 0303 123 1113 or at www.ico.org.uk
Last updated 24.05.2018